Friday, March 25, 2016

.so

-Where did we leave off? 
Oh yeah, that's right, I seem to remember now.

I thought that growing up would take place one day at a time, but it doesn't. You wake up and feel displaced in your own life; and then it happens. The feeling of something closing in fast, catching up to you. It hits you with such a force that you reel back in surprise.

-Well then.

I feel like everything is where it's supposed to be. The challenges before me I enjoy, but somehow I still end up with enough time to wander back here. At one point I became a master at the art of killing time. You read a book enough times, you wander the city over and over, listen to those around you and their complaints. Before you know it you're a pro. Make your life fit the big picture in your head. Yet the seconds slip through, they pile up, and here we are.

-Attenshun! 

Now, life is fuller, simpler but simultaneously more complex. Maybe I'm just full of shit, deluding myself into thinking like this. I lay awake and felt that I was dreaming. I slept and felt the world move around me. Foolishly, I went looking for traces of you, and found them.

-Fucking productive.

This'll do for now,
Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment