Monday, November 16, 2015

.tough

If it's possible to move forward while standing still, then I've put that principle into practice.
I feel like the cliché career criminal, returning to the scene of the crime.
 

When you're living in the moment it becomes easy to justify hammering a stake into the ground, but when the moment is gone and you move forward, you can only hope that the rope that binds you breaks cleanly and you can float on.
So what, do you sit around enjoying the company of all your demons?
Maybe, bow down and submit to the fact that your life is only lived when at the mercy of someone else?

Bullshit.


You are only worth what you can bring to the table, what can you offer. Then, it would be foolish not to put you first on the list. If you haven't been able to tend to yourself can you honestly expect to care for anyone else?


Accepting that, you have to also accept that it is unfair to judge the worth of someone until the moment they have died. 


So, yeah...


I mean, it's not all bad.

It's mostly a matter of perspective, you spend your days looking up at the sky and it's easy not to see your ankles buried in shit. As long as you make sure that when the times comes to move forward, you have the strength to shovel it.


1 comment:

  1. From what I see, you have found happiness with someone. But still, I hope that you are well and that you have found a vocation that drives you to want to be the best that you can be. I hope that she makes you as happy as you should be.

    I have someone that fits my life perfectly and I'm not here to brag on that point, but to let you know that my world is becoming more complete.

    I come back here because I care, as I know you care. There will always be an invisible thread that keeps us connected, but not in such a way that anyone should feel threatened by the connection.

    It's a long way of saying that I hope you're well. I hope she's well. I hope your world is well.

    ReplyDelete